Golden Protocol FAQ
Learn about the Golden Protocol and how you can help build the worlds largest decentralized knowledge graph.
Golden is on a mission to map all human knowledge.
Golden is building a permissionless, open source protocol that incentivizes the collection and verification of canonical knowledge, which it will offer to the public for free and charge commercial entities.
User growth: 10’s of thousands of users (growing daily) have connected wallets to Golden and are submitting data into the protocol.
Data collection: users have contributed millions of data triples to Golden so far, and we have started the process of the verification of these triples.
Whitepaper: We have written our whitepaper, which is currently in review to be made public soon.
- 1.Submit triples: Users that submit fact triples that go on to be accepted will be eligible for mainnet incentives. Please note, there is no need to paste edits of data triples and citations into Discord, we have a log of your efforts!
- 1.Testnet points for submission and verification: Tesnet points are earned by submitters and verifiers for loading and verifying true facts (triples) into the knowledge graph. E.g. ‘Apple’ ‘was founded in’ ‘1976’. Verifiers confirm the correctness of the triples by voting. Once the number of votes reaches a statistical threshold, the ‘fact’ is accepted by the knowledge graph and immutably stored. As the knowledge graph grows, the data itself can be used to aid verification. Submitters and verifiers gain a reputation score as triples are accepted.
- 2.Data NFTs, fractional ownership, and revenue share incentives: NFTs are used to organize fractional ownership between the creators of the data associated with each unique entity. Various canonical data can be associated with the unique data NFTs including triples, natural language in various translations, canonical images, or otherwise. These NFTs will assist with disambiguation and allow fractionalized ownership for the submitters, verifiers, and the protocol. Revenue shared from commercial data usage can be distributed to the creators of the data and protocol. Copyright law is used to protect intellectual property and afford commercial usage of the data while allowing free usage by the public.
- 3.Anti-gaming: A Sybil attack resistance, game-theoretic approach is used to provide asymmetric costs to gaming the protocol. Slashing staked collateral is a mechanic used to prevent submitters and verifiers from incorrectly submitting or voting. Reputation scores are implemented to increase efficiency in staking and slashing. Voting is blind.
V0 system design:
There is currently no mainnet incentive and no set date for release. The team will clearly communicate this release well in advance of the launch.
⚠️ Important: We will *never* directly message you about a mainnet incentive launch (ex: token sale), so please do not interact with any such messages, as they are spam. When we launch the incentive, we will do so on multiple marketing channels including core Discord channels, Twitter, and our blog.
The team is working aggressively towards a mainnet launch. Currently, we are creating our protocol and dApp on the testnet. We will announce an estimated launch date as we further build the protocol. We are building Golden in an SEC-compliant manner and are not cutting corners with compliance.
At this time, performing the following tasks may qualify you to earn testnet points:
- Submitting triples that go on to be accepted
- Performing triple verifications that go on to agree with voting consensus
- Developing protocol code
- Adding citations to triples that do not have a citation already
Yes! You will eligible for an incentive reward relative to the number of correct triples you have submitted when we launch our protocol on the mainnet.
Yes! Adding valid citations to any triple that is missing a citation will qualify you for a special incentive, and will help the triples you have cited become verified. Citations should be focused around triples that are not URL predicates, especially triples added after the launch of golden.xyz.
No. We are focused on triples that go on to be verified along with citations for triples. As of February 16, 2022, natural language and prose in articles will not be rewarded. If you still wish to contribute prose, please follow our Writing Guide. We are currently only accepting prose in the English language, though we plan to expand this as soon as possible.
The initial testnet points that are allocated when a user joins the dApp are used as an initial staking mechanic by the protocol to enable triple submission and verification. This initial testnet point allocation will NOT be considered in a future mainnet incentive reward. Testnet points are designed to reward users for taking positive actions in the protocol.
You may be able to find your current position on the leaderboard. If the number of ‘submissions’ and ‘accepted triples’ you see associated with your wallet seem lower than expected, this is because your submissions from Golden.com are still being imported and verifiers still need to vote on them.
Golden’s team has crypto enthusiasts dating back to 2011, some being early users and supporters of BTC. Golden's investors have also been at the heart of many crypto projects we see in the market today.
We want to prove the unit economics and security of the system first in English (the language of our original team). If it works, we want to open up to multiple languages (as it should be!). Please don’t make non-English edits at this point, as we don’t support it yet.
We are still configuring Discord for mass scale. At this time, please refrain from DMing team members as this will only slow the protocol development down. However, long term, we are interested in mods. If you have experience in this area, please add that to your introduction in the "introductions" channel. We are booting up moderators in a careful way to prevent security issues.
We plan to explore how we can help users not lose previous work in the case of wallet hacks, loss of login information, etc., in the context of these technical constraints.