Predicate Naming Convention
Predicates should use title case capitalization as outlined by the AMA Manual of Style.
Major words are capitalized and minor words are lowercase.
Major words: Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, subordinating conjunctions, and 4+ letter words
Minor words: Coordinating/correlative conjunctions, short prepositions, articles, and <3 letter words
Capitalize the following:
- The first word
- Every letter of an acronym
- Second word when a virgule (/) is used and it is a major word
- Major words in parentheses
- Both the verb and the particle of a phrasal verb
Lowercase the following:
- “To” in infinitives
- Second part of a hyphenated word unless it is a major word
- Predicates for web addresses should use URL (e.g. “Repository URL”) and not other words such as “Link.”
Last modified 5mo ago